Version 4.0.0-beta2 available
The second beta release of 4.0.0, 4.0.0-beta2, is available for testing, with many bug fixes since beta1. This is a very large release, and contains multiple changes. Please test it intensively so that we may soon push out the final 4.0.0.
It is available at the usual locations:
4.0.0 General Highlights:
- New graphics backend support:
- New “Factions” for multiplayer / skirmish
- Higher-res terrain textures, backdrops
- New Music Manager, + AlexTheDacian’s new soundtrack album
- Support for “script-generated” / “random” maps (and two new built-in maps that take advantage of this:
- Scrollable room chat, and many other UI / widget improvements
- Updated / smarter AI bots (Bonecrusher, Cobra)
- New “headless” mode (for
- JS API enhancements, + a new “Script Debugger”
- Removal of Qt as a dependency, + a new embedded JS engine: QuickJS
- Quality-of-Life / smoothness improvements
- Hundreds of bug fixes
With this release, we also now offer native builds for additional platforms:
- New: Windows 64-bit builds (for both Intel 64-bit / x64, and ARM64)
- New: macOS Universal Binaries with native Apple Silicon support (in addition to Intel 64-bit support)
There have been over 990 commits since the last stable release, from many contributors including: Alexander Volkov, alfred007 / highlander1599, Bennett Somerville, Björn Ali Göransson, cpdef, Cyp, Daniel Llewellyn, Ilari Tommiska, inodlite, Karamel, KJeff01, lakebeans, Maxim Zhuchkov, Next67, past-due, Paweł Perłakowski, Prot EuPhobos, Thiago Romão Barcala, Tipchik, toilari, Topi Miettinen, TotalCaesar659, Vitya Andreev
We’d also like to thank all of the new and returning translators who have helped to improve the translations for the game via the Crowdin project. For more information on how to help with translations, see doc/Translations.md.
Please report all bugs on GitHub.
And don’t forget to check out the new official Discord server: