Version 4.2.6 released
With the help of many bug reporters & contributors, we’re happy to announce the release of 4.2.6, a bug-fix and improvement release.
4.2.6 includes all of the changes from 4.2.5, plus a critical bug fix. Here is a summary of the changes since 4.2.4:
- Numerous fixes for crashes, cleanup issues, and memory leaks
- Add: Arabic translations (huge thanks to: @mt3d !)
- Fix: Do not make units move unnecessarily when attached to commanders and ordering an attack
- Fix: Autorepair not working on units waiting to be built inside a factory when the research is completed
- Fix: Headless spectator performance improvements
- Add: Restore a new early finish feature on Beta-end like in old versions for Easy/Normal difficulty
- Change: Bump Easy modifier to 1.5 for numeric values and Hard to 0.85 from 0.80
- Change: Decrease the base cleanup area on Alpha 12 to remove a lone bunker in the very NorthWest part of the middle base
- Change: Give generous experience to all transporter unit loads on Beta/Gamma when starting from the main menu
- Change: Make the southern scavenger base on Alpha 5 also trigger the transporter reinforcements for the player
- Change: Upgrade a few campaign maps with better defenses for camBalance, add missing modules on some buildings, and add oil drums to many Beta maps
- Change: Move Whirlwind research later into Beta campaign so Cyclone gets used for a bit longer
- Change: The Collective uses Whirlwind tanks like in previous versions again
- Change: Clear console when displaying automatic victory reminders
- Change: Allow campaign library to handle multiple VTOL spawn systems. Fix array out-of-bounds access for the “alternate” VTOL templates option
- Fix: Fix campaign HMG tower structure for Flame map editor and on a few Alpha maps
- Fix: Make Beta-end fail if the player finds themselves with no units, factories, and just a empty transporter
Skirmish / Multiplayer improvements:
- Add: Add in-game “Mute Player” functionality
- Via right-clicks on chat messages in lobby, and a button in the Intelligence menu in-game
- Change: Spectators: Make F9 work and clicking on droids / structures for information purposes.
- Fix: Fix the Ultimate Scavenger weapon “Scavenger Mounted MG” not having a short range
- Fix: Ultimate Scavengers not building a few vehicles due to components not unlocked for them
- Fix: Remove extra propulsion models on scavenger helicopters
And a few multiplayer balance tweaks:
- Balance Mini-Rocket Pod against Light Cannon better by reducing Mini-Rocket Pod cost from 75 to 70 (PR #2531)
- Increase cost of Cannon Fortress to 1000 from 900 as it was incredibly cheap compared to other fortresses (PR #2535)
- Make Bombard unlock Ground Shaker instead of the Howitzer, Remove Ground Shaker requirement for HEAP Howitzer Shells, and make Howitzer Autoloader depend on HE Howitzer Shells Mk3 (PR #2534)
(For all the changes in 4.2.0, see the Version 4.2.0 release announcement.)
For Windows 10+, Warzone 2100 is now available via the Microsoft Store.
We’d like to thank all of the new and returning translators who have helped to improve the translations for the game via the Crowdin project. For more information on how to help with translations, see doc/Translations.md.
Please report all bugs on GitHub.
And don’t forget to check out the new official Discord server:
YOU'VE BEEN INVITED TO JOIN A SERVER
And consider donating to help support the costs associated with the project: