Version 4.2.1 released
With the help of many bug reporters & contributors, we’re happy to announce the release of 4.2.1, a bug-fix release.
- Replay v2 format (that embeds downloaded maps for easier sharing)
- Improved replay saving performance / behavior
- Improved spectator lag / fast-forward behavior
- A new native fractal value noise generator for use in map scripts
- A new button to display spectator stats (i.e.
- Host: Remember number of spectator slots in multiplayer games
- Campaign: Tweaks to Alpha 09, Alpha 06 NP reinforcements
- Fix: Account for the transporter in campaign unit limit
- Fix: Do not reset ready status of players on spectator leave
- Numerous fixes for crashes, cleanup issues, and memory leaks
And a number of multiplayer balance tweaks:
- Rollback “ALL ROUNDER” damage value against “Legged”, Increase the accuracy at long range of all MGs from 50 to 55 (PR #2361)
- Increase the weight of HVC, add 0.5 tiles range to HVC cyborg, and reduce ROF of these weapons (PR #2363)
- Increase the research time “High Temperature Flamer Gel Mk3” so it is no longer included in “Advanced Base” (PR #2364)
- Faster Bombard and Pepperpot production, weaken Incendiary Mortar burn radius and damage, and earlier access to mortar accuracy research (PR #2367)
- Required research for Howitzer: APFSDS Cannon Rounds Mk2 -> Heavy Mortar - Bombard (PR #2368)
(For all the changes in 4.2.0, see the Version 4.2.0 release announcement.)
For Windows 10+, Warzone 2100 is now available via the Microsoft Store.
There have been 61 commits since 4.2.0, from many contributors including: AbcLmn18, alfred007 / highlander1599, Denis Gantsev, KJeff01, Lupus-Mechanicus, past-due, Tipchik
We’d also like to thank all of the new and returning translators who have helped to improve the translations for the game via the Crowdin project. For more information on how to help with translations, see doc/Translations.md.
Please report all bugs on GitHub.
And don’t forget to check out the new official Discord server: