Version 4.1.0 - The Big Balance Update
With 380 commits since the last release, it’s time for Warzone 2100 v4.1.0!
This release includes approximately 3 years of work on campaign balance & fixes (the “camBalance” mod), as well as numerous fixes for multiplayer balance.
Beware: “Insane” campaign difficulty should now be a challenge for even the most experienced of players. (New players should stick with a lower difficulty level.)
4.1.0 General Highlights:
- Merge of the “camBalance” mod that revamps campaign balance and fixes numerous issues
- Numerous multiplayer balance tweaks (see full changelog for details)
- Fix fog, add an option to toggle it on
- New design menu stats delta display
- Add a single player quit confirmation screen
- Allow building modules/derricks in a row (with drag & build)
- Add support for binding same keys to multiple actions in non-conflicting contexts
- Allow assigning key bindings to mouse keys
- Add “selection without group” hotkeys
- Move the whole group to the target location, not only the command droid
- New cheat
makemeheromakes selected units hero rank
- General improvements to Cobra AI / accounts for new balance changes
- Fix: Muzzle flash effects for Gauss, laser, and all kinds of weapons
- Fix: Several crash & UI soft-lock issues
- Fix: Various save-loading issues
- Fix: Do not handle RMB click while panning the camera
- Fix: Unclosable panels and flicker when using the Intelligence map and Design menus
- Fix: Heavy CPU usage on the Intelligence map
- Fix: VTOL collision with ground units
- Fix: Normalmapping of 3D models in menus / buttons
- Many other bug fixes
There have been 380 commits since the last release, from many contributors including: Anton W, alfred007 / highlander1599, Bert Fraterman, Björn Ali Göransson, Denis Gantsev, Ilari Tommiska, k3ack3r, KJeff01, MaNGusT-, Maxim Zhuchkov, past-due, Prot EuPhobos, Thiago Romão Barcala, Thomas Rupprecht, Tipchik
We’d also like to thank all of the new and returning translators who have helped to improve the translations for the game via the Crowdin project. For more information on how to help with translations, see doc/Translations.md.
Please report all bugs on GitHub.
And don’t forget to check out the new official Discord server: