Version 3.4.0 released
With over 485 commits since the last release, it’s time for 3.4.0!
- Graphics and UI improvements, including: fade effect when starting games, smoother mouse rotation, smoother zooming, interpolate frames in animation, occlude terrain ambiently
- Add: Frontend “continue last save” option
- Add: Quicksave feature
- Add: Autosave feature
- Add: Way to change most game settings with the in-game pause menu
- Add: Shortcut to quit to main-menu after victory
- Add: T4 technology level where all research is completed
- Add: Randomization of game options button in skirmish/multiplayer games
- Add: Add support for changing map, game name, and hosting player’s name after already hosting
- Add: Configuration of OpenAL-HRTF mode
- Add: In-game notification widgets
- Add: Keybinding configuration for camera pan
- Add: Discord rich presence / join support
- Add: Unit / kill count gui feature
- Add: BoneCrusher! AI, Cobra AI, Nexus AI (ported from original)
- Add: Right-click AI slot to quickly copy it to all other AI slots
- Many translation improvements
- Campaign bug fixes and balance adjustments
- and too many other bug fixes to list
There have been over 485 commits since the last release, from many contributors including: 20kdc, Alistair Findlay, Bers, Björn Ali Göransson, Colin MacDonald, cpdef, Cyp, Enrico Fasoli, Forgon2100, KJeff01, maxsupermanhd, past-due, Per Inge Mathisen, Prot, Subsentient, Topi Miettinen, Vitya Andreev
We’d also like to thank all of the new and returning translators who have helped to improve the translations for the game via the Crowdin project. For more information on how to help with translations, see doc/Translations.md.
Please report all bugs on GitHub.
The old build toolchains have now been fully replaced, and CMake is used for building on all platforms. For full build instructions see the README.md.
And don’t forget to check out the new official Discord server: