3.1 beta8 has been released!
A new beta! And for those with older GPUs, it might even run now compared to previous betas (how fast is a different question though...), see fb42df24c25e4e0a87978f768917b5bc254b7fbe
If you can't start the game for whatever reason, please make a trac ticket
and attach the file WZdebuginfo.txt
located in your config directory
so we can look at it.Known Issues:Bug Reports:
This release probably contains bugs, please report them so they can be fixed. If you have trouble getting the game to work at all, consider a forum thread
, you will probably get help faster that way.
for details, in short:
About the 3.1 series:
- Search the existing tickets for your problem, if the problem has already been fixed in git, the ticket will be closed.
- If there is an open one already, feel free to add more info to it.
- If there is no report yet, make a new ticket (one per issue).
- Be as detailed as possible in both summary and description, and either log in with your forum account or leave an email address so we can contact you if we need more information.
- The more information we have, the easier it is to fix problems (or the other way around, the harder it is for us to reproduce a problem, the less likely it is to get fixed), so include savegames/instructions to reproduce the bug, crashdumps, backtraces, screenshots for graphical problems... whatever is relevant.
- When you attach files to a ticket, please add each text/image file separately and uncompressed, so we can view them easily in trac (savegames can and should be zipped, they consist of name.gam, possibly name.es, and the files in the name/ folder).
The 3.1 series is the first based on the new netcode, with new terrain renderer and many other changes. The main target are systems capable of OpenGL 2.0 (with shaders), but at least the important things like team colours should work with OpenGL 1.4+ (some things might look strange though).
Configuration uses a new directory, if you want to use old mods/maps/savegames, you need to copy them (see FileLocations
). Note that savegames from 2.3 and 3.0 are incompatible, only those from newer master snapshots might still work. For mods it depends on what they do, don't expect old mods to work either.
2.3 is now officially unsupported.Changes since the 2.3 series:(Items marked with a * were already in the cancelled 3.0 series)
Changelog for 3.1 beta8:General
- New terrain renderer*
- Support for 3*/5*/6*/7*/9/10 player maps
- Targetting by line of sight, preventing shooting through terrain or too early*
- Gates in multiplayer games
- New deterministic netcode that makes sure the same things actually happen for all players, should be much more cheating-resistant
- New power system, power is deducted in full at the start, and when power is low, in the order things were queued
- Unit targeting is more intelligent, they won't all shoot one target when one shot is sufficient
- Remove fog of war/mist options in favour of a combined explored/seen mode
- Stored templates. Automatically adds a unit design when all needed research is available
- Command line parameters now need a '=' (which was optional before), e.g. --resolution=1400x1050
- Apple systems: Drop support for PPC and Mac OS X 10.4, add support for 64 bit Intel on Mac OS X 10.6+
- Change: Make screen shake not shake on walls, and the duration depend on what was destroyed (33842677af)
- Fix: Enable truck template when building factory before HQ (#3337, 7291bb9b28)
- Fix: Problem with continent generation making droids refuse orders (#3269, 3bd70ae8b9)
- Fix: Don't show repair icon for a selected repair droid itself (#3242, 1fae45407f)
- Change: Update GreatRift, MizaMaze and Wheel to include scavengers and new walls, add missing cliff tiles (#2857, #3317, 0ad1b227ff)
- Fix: Avoid mixing up droid orders during lag (83f7adecc9)
- Fix: Factories drop artifacts again (29966c5da2, aaeaa4140a, 8e48e9e422)
- Fix: Disable unit design when HQ gets destroyed (#3342, 466880e1cd)
- Fix: Make unit design/radar depend on the existence of an HQ, not the base setting (d0fc1e580d)
TranslationsChangelog for older versions: https://github.com/Warzone2100/warzone2100/blob/master/ChangeLogFull list of changes since 3.1_beta7: https://github.com/Warzone2100/warzone2100/compare/v3.1_beta7...v3.1_beta8Download:
- Change: Distinguish between wrong version, wrong mod and full game (dc6a4b3eb8)
- Change: Subtract closed slots from the shown maximum player number (0c5aebfdc1)
- Fix: Properly handle a disappearing host (#3313, 0de4f38295)
- Fix: Always show lock icon when a password is set, don't show it in games without password (#3357, bd6c1d203b)
As usual, downloads can be found on our Download
page or directly on Sourceforge